Police investigate 5 robberies in 5 days | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - In the past five days, five businesses in Grand Rapids and Wyoming have been robbed. Now police are saying some of the crimes may be connected.
The most recent robbery took place Tuesday afternoon at a Citgo gas station on Clyde Park Avenue SW. Police say two men came in, showed a weapon and got away with cash.
Officers believe the two suspects likely robbed a 7-11 on West Fulton Street on Monday.
Investigators also believe one man is responsible for three weekend robberies at the West Side Trading Post, Edzuiz' Trading Store, and the Party Time party store on Wilson Avenue Northwest. However detectives don't believe that suspect was working with the other two robbers.
So far no arrests have been made in any of these cases. Anyone with information is asked to call police or Silent Observer.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry