GRPD: Don't renew bar's liquor license | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Grand Rapids Police will go before the City Commission next week seeking to stop the renewal of a liquor license for a bar that's been the scene of violence.
On February 22, four people were shot outside the New Roosevelt Bar on Grandville Ave. SW. All the victims are recovering.
This week, police issued a warrant for Marcus Antoine Smith, 26, for the shootings.
In November the same bar was the scene of a double shooting that left one man dead.
Next Tuesday, Grand Rapids Police will ask the commission to send a request to the state not to renew the bar's liquor license.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State