UPDATE: Child killed, 2 seriously injured in GR crash | News
UPDATE: Grand Rapids police are now reporting two more children have been seriously injured in an accident Sunday afternoon that killed an 8 year old girl.
Police also confirm that the driver who caused the crash had been drinking.
Grand Rapids (WZZM) - A little girl has died and at least seven others injured in a crash that shut down a Grand Rapid intersection.
Around 1:30pm Sunday, dispatchers say two cars collided in the intersection of Buchanan and Hall SW.
The girl was pronounced dead. Seven others went to the hospital and all are expected to fully recover.
Police have closed the intersection until further notice while a reconstruction team investigates the accident.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry