Investigators: GR house fire started in front bedroom | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Investigators say a fire that destroyed a Grand Rapids home started in a front bedroom.
Firefighters were called to the home on Lafayette Avenue SE shortly before midnight Wednesday.
It took more than 24 firefighters to put out the flames, which spread quickly because it was an older home with no firestops.
Originally, investigators believed the fire was suspicious, but they were unable to find signs of flammable liquid in the home.
Two people were able to escape from the house. No one was hurt.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Grand Rapids to host Michigan Celebrate Recovery Walk and Rally Sept. 20
- Developers unveil plans for downtown G.R. entertainment complex
- My Town EGR: Aquinas College announces lineup for Contemporary Writers Series
- Jumping ship: Why some local leaders are leaving the corporate world for the social sector
- Spectrum gets K9 for security team