No suspect in Grand Rapids homicide | News
GRAND RAPIDS, (WZZM) -- Grand Rapids Police are investigating a homicide that happened late Wednesday night on the city's southeast side.
Police responded to a report of gunshots in the 3800 block of Camelot Drive just after 11:00 pm.
Once police arrived at the apartment complex they found an unconscious man lying in a landscaped area of the apartment complex.
Medical workers were not able to revive the man and he died at the scene. Police are working to confirm his identity.
A bystander told police officers a man in dark clothes walked from between the buildings. The suspect pulled out a handgun. The bystander says the suspect then walked directly up to the victim and shot him. The suspect then walked away.
Police do not have any suspects in custody at this time. Grand Rapids Detectives are investigating.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry