Grand Rapids Police Officer injured in crash | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - A Grand Rapids Police Officer is being checked out an an area hospital after his patrol car was rear ended on U.S. 131.
The officer was stopped on the highway with his overhead lights on trying to slow traffic from a previous crash on one of the Burton Street exit ramps. The cruiser was struck from behind involving multiple vehicles in the crash.
The police officer, who suffered a cut to the back of the head, was the only person injured in the accident.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Developers unveil plans for downtown G.R. entertainment complex
- My Town EGR: Aquinas College announces lineup for Contemporary Writers Series
- Jumping ship: Why some local leaders are leaving the corporate world for the social sector
- Spectrum gets K9 for security team
- GRPS marching band getting ready for Thursday debut