Last Minute Tax Help | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - It's tax day, a day nearly one in four Americans avoid until the last minute.
The IRS says that's how many people have waited until now to file their taxes.
But help is still available.
Students from local universities are volunteering their time at the ACSET Community Action Tax Center inside the Kent County Human Service Building at 121 Franklin Street SE in Grand Rapids.
Doors are from 8:30 am until 8:30 pm.
There are important things you need to remember to bring:
- A picture ID and social security cards for everyone on the return.
- All income sources, W-2's for each job last year, and 1099's.
- Social security benefits, unemployment, and child support.
- Any deductions or credits, and your direct deposit information.
For more detailed information on what types of deductions and credits you may be eligible for, you can click here:.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State