The vaccines available for the flu | News
(WZZM) - As flu season gets closer, doctors recommend getting a flu shot. It takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective in your body.
Hundreds of millions of doses of the vaccine are made by injecting the virus into chicken eggs, but a new version takes a different approach.
It's called FluBlok and you will be able to find doses in West Michigan in one place, Keystone Pharmacy.
To talk more about the FluBlok and the other versions of the flu vaccine available this year, is Suzanne Anthony, a registered pharmacist with Keystone Pharmacy in Grand Rapids.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants