The vaccines available for the flu | News
(WZZM) - As flu season gets closer, doctors recommend getting a flu shot. It takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective in your body.
Hundreds of millions of doses of the vaccine are made by injecting the virus into chicken eggs, but a new version takes a different approach.
It's called FluBlok and you will be able to find doses in West Michigan in one place, Keystone Pharmacy.
To talk more about the FluBlok and the other versions of the flu vaccine available this year, is Suzanne Anthony, a registered pharmacist with Keystone Pharmacy in Grand Rapids.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids South
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry